THE HEARNES + MADDIE MAE
Hello fellow adventurers! We are stoked to meet you.
We are Abbi + Callen Hearne, a husband and wife team living on the road full time in our white van with our little mutt, Charlie. We love adventure, especially when it brings us outdoors. We grew up in Texas and started our business there, but after a few years and too many 20-hour road trips out west, we made the leap to running a business on the road full time in August 2016. After falling in love with small-scale weddings and adventurous elopements, we have specialized in bringing our couples on epic adventures all over the western US from Yosemite to the Pacific North West to the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and everywhere in between. This year alone, we have shot over 20 elopements, intimate weddings + sessions in Yosemite and spent nearly three months in the park working + playing. Callen even climbed El Cap twice! To say we are passionate about this place would be an understatement!
- we believe everyone desires adventure and we love helping our couples meet that desire in the outdoors
- during our free time, you can find us rock climbing, skydiving, soaking in hot springs, and exploring random dirt roads in Utah
- Abbi is the primary photographer, handles all client relations, and edits every photo we deliver. Callen handles taxes, van life logistics (a full time job in itself!) and making sure Abbi is well fed to avoid hanger
- Charlie is our unofficial mascot and most definitely gets in everyones photos...our clients love him
Hi! I’m Maddie! I’m an adventure-seeking destination wedding photographer, absolutely in love with elopements & intimate weddings.
I grew up in Colorado—so the mountains will always be where I feel the most at home. Camping, hiking and backpacking have been an integral part of my life since I was young and I am most myself being in nature. I believe in loving & living fearlessly and have climbed 14,000 ft mountains, snowshoed up glaciers, waded neck-deep in freezing rivers and flown to Iceland in the dead of winter to photograph weddings. This year I photographed 55 intimate weddings & adventurous elopements in 12 countries so far. Exploring is in my blood.
- I believe that elopements are the best way to get married and I love empowering couples to make that brave choice to have a wedding day that truly reflects them
- My partner is from Scotland and we have traveled to a combined total of over 75 countries— I prefer tent-camping to hotels, public busses and walking to taxis, and sketchy street food to 5-star restaurants.
- I’m bilingual, scuba certified and wilderness CPR certified. One of my "wanderlist" items is to photograph an underwater elopement
- The love of my life will always be my fluffy little caramel-colored mini goldendoodle named "Fionn." He looks like a real life teddy bear but is actually a badass who climbs mountains with me.